Dispute Resolution Services provides assistance with small claims matters. Although we cannot provide legal advice, we can answer many basic questions, such as which form to use or how to file your claim.

Small Claims Clinic

Please call (209) 473-6463 for information on upcoming clinics.

San Joaquin County Superior Court

The small claims clerk on the third floor of the courthouse in Stockton, located at 222 E. Weber Avenue, Stockton, CA, 95202, provides a useful packet of information and forms containing everything you need to start a small claims case. Other small claims forms are available at this location. You can receive this packet at other court branches throughout the county.

San Joaquin County Law Library

The local law library contains a wealth of resources on small claims. Librarians can assist in finding forms online or other materials in print. The law library is on the first floor of the Kress Legal Center in downtown Stockton at 20 N. Sutter Street. Call (209) 468-3920 for more information.

Lawyer Referral Service

If you need a referral to an attorney, please call the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) of the San Joaquin County Bar Association, at (209) 948-4620 or visit http://www.sjcbar.org/lawyer-referral-service/ for more information.

Contact a Small Claims advisor at .


Research your Case

Many informative and useful self-help guides for small claims cases are available online.

Research Tools