Many informative and useful self-help guides for small claims cases are available online.
- The Judicial Branch of California’s online self-help guide to small claims court is available at http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm.
- Get all official small claims forms at http://www.courts.ca.gov/forms.htm?filter=SC.
- The California Department of Consumer Affairs publishes a useful booklet, The Small Claims Court A Guide to Its Practical Use, which is available online at http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/index.shtml or in print form (free of charge) by calling toll free at (866) 320-8652.
- The San Joaquin County Superior Court’s website provides basic information about small claims at http://www.sjcourts.org/self-help/small-claims.
- You can check the status of your small claims case at https://cms.sjcourts.org/fullcourtweb/partyCasesSearchResults.do.